The expenditure plan
- 65% of revenue will be used for LOCAL projects! (Up from 25% in 2006 and 50% in 2008)
- HALF of all revenue will be used for LOCAL streets and roads and will be programmed FIRST.
- Provides $48 Million for better bike and pedestrian facilities supporting Safe Routes to Schools for our children.
- Provides $20 Million for need-based point-to-point services for seniors, veterans and disabled residents – TRIPLING CURRENT CAPACITY
- Gives the County the ability to LEVERAGE state and federal funds to local projects.
- 28% of funds go to regional projects that INCREASE LOCAL JOBS and support economic development.
- Includes a Taxpayer Oversight Committee to ensure that funds are spent for projects promised.
- EVERY ROAD in the unincorporated County would be resurfaced THREE TIMES over the course of the 25 year measure.